Welcome to the blogging world! Starting a blog is much easier than you think, and setting up the hosting with SiteGround will be proved as a bonus step for you. If you are interested to know how to start a blog with SiteGround you are at the right place. Here you will get a newbie-friendly guide about how to start it and you’ll learn in just a few minutes.
First of all, you have to know about the three main points or you can call them pillars of blogging where a lot of beginners face confusions. A running blog is made up of three main things; 1) Domain Name, 2) Hosting, 3) Content Management System (CMS) when you set up these three things you can monetize your blog. But don’t get confused, you can set them up in just 10-15 minutes after knowing about them!
- Domain Name: It is the name of your blog or URL. This is the address where people can go to find your blog. You will have to buy a domain name from a domain registrar before or after starting a blog if you want to monetize your blog in the future. You can also buy it when you buy your hosting.
- Hosting: It is the place where your blog is stored. It is an important thing for your blog to be stored somewhere on an external hosting or its server. So your host is where all your blog files are stored. If you want to earn money in the future this is necessary for you. Free websites are not for earning. So you have to buy hosting to monetize your blog and SiteGround can surely be a perfect one for you.
- Content Management System: CMS is used to manage your content and also helps you and allows you to create, edit, design, and publish your blog. Highly recommended CMS is WordPress.org.
So to start a successful blog, all you need is a domain name, a CMS like Word Press, and an affordable hosting package. It’s not at all necessary to be a techie to start a blog or develop a website for your own. You just have to learn the best ways to start a blog. No need to hire a professional developer to build one for you for upwards of $200 or more. If you are just going to start, keep your costs lean for now and try to do it by yourself.
So the next question in your mind is why should I create my blog on SiteGround? So here is the answer to your question,
There are a lot of benefits for Site Ground hosting, Such as:
- It has budget hosting for Beginners
- It has a lot of WordPress features
- It has superior Customer Support
Due to its never sleep server and website security features., it can be the best option for you. You will get all the essential features here that a blogger needs to achieve a professional level in blogging.
How to Start a Blog – Step by Step guide
Step 1- Choose a Hosting Plan:
Go to SiteGround.com and select a suitable hosting plan according to your need. Here you will find three different plans like StatUp Plan, GrowBig Plan, and then GoGeek Plan. If you are going to start a blog, you must have to go with the most basic and cost-effective plan.
- The StartUp plan is absolutely a good one for you if you are a beginner. It costs $3.95/month. But if you have extra money to spare go with GrowBig or GoGeek plan also. One more thing to remember is in this plan, only one blog can be hosted on your SiteGround account. But with GrowBig and GoGeek, you can host unlimited blogs. So must start with small but you can upgrade your plan later if you want.
- The GrowBig plan is good if you have some more funds at the start. It costs $5.95/month. It will provide you unlimited websites hosted for up to 25,000 visits and good website speed.
- The GoGeek Plan gives you the best foundation to grow your blog in the future. It costs $11.95/month. It will provide you unlimited websites hosted for up to 100,000 visits. It also creates a copy of your site to test new designs, plugins, or themes.
Step 2- Choose your domain name:
Now you’ll be thinking about how and where to get a domain name? So yeah you can also get your domain name right inside the SiteGround for $14.95/yr. For that purpose, you’ll just have to
Register for a new domain
- Enter your preferred domain name
- Then press proceed
- Check the domain name you choose is available or not
- If it is available then you will be redirected to your registration page. Congratulations!
You can also buy hosting from one company and a domain name from another company, or you can buy both from the same place. You can also transfer your domain name from one company to another.
If you have already had a blog with different hosting or bought another domain from anywhere else then choose:
- I already have a Domain name
- Enter it
- Press proceed
Step 3- Fill out your information:
In this step, you will have to fill in some of your details to start a blog on SiteGround. Such as;
- Account Information
- Personal Information
- Payment Information
In Account information, you just have to create your account username and set a password. In Personal Info, you have to enter Name, Address, Mobile Number, Country, etc. And in Payment Information, you have to provide your account information for payment on SiteGround for their services.
Step 4- Install and Set up WordPress:
Now you are done with your two Blog pillars – your Domain name and Hosting. So the next step is to install CMS. If you are starting a new website with a fresh domain name you have to do the following steps:
- Log in to the SiteGround Customer Area
- Select the option “Get WordPress preinstalled on this account”
- Then Click on Proceed button
- On the next page, you have to enter your login information for your new WordPress blog
- Choose something hard to guess for username and password so it will save your blog from hackers
Step 5- Select a WordPress Theme:
Next, Scroll down and select a suitable theme for your blog available in Wizard. Keep in mind, there are both free and paid themes out there. A paid theme is always worthy of course but for start, you can choose a free one. Don’t worry, you can change your theme later. Select any of the free themes available and click on the Submit button.
But if you are going to buy a WordPress theme, the company from where you bought it will email you and send you a downloadable file of the theme. You can then download it from there.
To install your WordPress theme, go to Appearance then to Themes, and click on Add New. You can upload either of your free or received purchased themes. Here you go! Congratulations you have done setting up your WordPress blog with SiteGround.
Now you start producing quality content. Don’t worry about uploading your blog posts on daily basis. The important thing is that they must be of high quality and long posts. Also, check out whether they are ranking well or not. Just take your time and continue your research.
How to start a lifestyle blog and make money?
Lifestyle blogs are the most popular blogs you will find. In Lifestyle blogs, bloggers can write about their lifestyles. They can choose very interesting topics related to their education, travel or sports, about their hobbies, beauty tips, arts or cooking and all in between. These types of blogs attract the audience and grab their attention. Many lifestyle bloggers are earning a great amount of money.
If you want to start a lifestyle blog just go ahead, it’s super easy and can be a consistent source of income for you. It doesn’t demand a specific experience with the blogging world. If you are ready to share your views and experiences just get started now! Here are some steps to follow, to start a lifestyle blog:
- Decide the Direction: First, you have to decide the direction or focus of your lifestyle blog. Check out what suits you best or focus on your activities or interests, what skills you have, and then decide on a suitable niche. You can review products, give advice to others or explain the experiences you have to go through about anything related to fashion, food, health or fitness, travel, beauty or self-care, etc.
- Choose your Blogging platform: Once you have decided your niche the next thing is to choose your blogging platform. There are a lot of platforms, both free and paid, you can choose according to your need and can get started. But if you are interested in making money you must go ahead with web-hosted or paid platforms such as WordPress.org.
- Buy your domain name and hosting: Next step is to decide on a domain name for your lifestyle blog. Keep in mind that you have to choose a name that’ll be related to your brand or blog niche. Once you have decided you have to purchase the domain name and hosting for your blog.
- Choose and Install a Theme: Then the next step is to choose an eye-catchy and well-designed theme for your lifestyle blog and install it. On WordPress, you can find tons of free and paid themes so you can choose any one of them for your new blog.
- That’s it! Now you are almost done just start writing your content and write at least 15 to 20 blog posts before promoting them.
- Promote your Content: The next and the most important thing is content promotions. You’ll have to promote your content to get more traffic on your blog by backlinking and social sharing.
- Start making Money:And the last and most awaited part is monetizing your lifestyle blog and start making money from it. After having quality content on your blog you will be able to apply for monetization and earn money. You can earn By
- Affiliate Marketing
- By Google AdSense
- By Sponsored posts
- By selling your own products etc
How to start a Fashion Blog and make money online:
If you are passionate about fashion and styling then you must start a Fashion Blog. All steps you have to do are mentioned above for the lifestyle blog. The difference is here you have a specific interest or selected niche for you to start a blog. Go ahead with the same steps. You have to see some top fashion bloggers or vloggers to get started with a Fashion blog. You will be surprised after knowing about the ways fashion bloggers making money.
When you will look after some top fashion blog examples, you’ll get to know that they all have a unique taste and personality in Fashion. They all bring their unique perspective to highlight their brands. If you think that you have some good perspective and an amazing sense of fashion then you can start a fashion blog.
The next step is setting up your fashion blog using WordPress. Add useful content to your fashion blog and target your audience to get more traffic on your blog. SEO optimization is a must to rank your blog high in search engines.
So Blogging is a great way to earn money location-independent. Whether you want to start any kind of blog related to any niche or topic you just need to follow proper steps and do some research, then you can easily earn from blogging just by sitting at your home. Blogging is great as it gives everyone an equal playing field but the thing is how you would play your game. So creating a WordPress blog with SiteGround can also be a good choice for your blog. After starting and setting up your blog, your main focus should be getting high traffic on your blog.
Hope this article will be helpful for your blogging business, Cheers!